Atom Text Editor - usage and installation

 


Q: How do i install atom Text editor and use it as my code editor?

What is Atom?

Atom is a free and open-source text and source code editor for macOS, Linux, and Microsoft Windows with support for plug-ins written in JavaScript, and embedded Git Control, developed by GitHub. Atom is a desktop application built using web technologies. ... It is fully customizable in HTML, CSS, and JavaScript.


What is Atom used for?

Atom is a good editor for many coding fields, from software scripting to web development. Atom is cross platform for Window, Linux, and OSX. It's 100% free and open source. One of Atom's key selling points is its flexibility and readiness for customization.


My own opinion towards Atom

I use Atom a lot for coding and as my own text editor, is fast easy and reliable. Atom has been there as a code editor and a text editor for centuries now, and on my own opinion. I find atom to be easy it has so many features and also help me to see my project as I'm coding it.


Features Atom has

Now I have discussed my opinion I have on Atom. Let us see some features Atom has.

  • Cross-platform editing.
  • Built-in package manager.
  • Smart autocompletion.
  • File system browser.
  • Multiple panes.
  • Find and replace tool.
  • Packages and themes.

Q: How do I install Atom?

HOW TO INSTALL ATOM
  • Go to atom.io.
  • Click the Download Windows Installer button.
  • Run the downloaded AtomSetup.exe file.
  • Atom will launch once the installation completes.
  • Atom will automatically update when a new version is available.

1 Comments

We welcome relevant and respectful comments. Off-topic or spam comments may be removed.

Post a Comment

We welcome relevant and respectful comments. Off-topic or spam comments may be removed.

Previous Post Next Post